[globaloutlookDH-l] DH Whisperer's

igalina igalina at unam.mx
Fri Jul 25 11:20:01 MDT 2014

Sorry for jumping in so late into the discussion. At the RedHD we developed a database of DH projects and used Dublin Core fields with some adjustments for DH projects. I then worked with Quinn from DH Commons to map out the fields we were using to the DH Commons database. Our idea was to find a way so that the DH Commons would harvest our database periodically (as opposed to having a centralized system where we used the DH Commons interface to add new projects). We thought this could then be used as a prototype for other people around the world who had their own databases but wanted to contribute to a central database. And for those that didn't have their own system they could use the DH Commons one directly.

Quinn and I then both had babies and so the project was put on standby but I would be more than happy to provide the documentation that I have about the RedHD database and the mapping if this could be of use. I would also be interested in participating in this initiative.  I don't know if Quinn is on this list.

Best wishes,

Isabel

Dra. Isabel Galina Russell
Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliográficas,
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
igalina at unam.mx
@igalina