[globaloutlookDH-l] Post Doc in Child and Youth Studies, University of Lethbridge

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Mar 10 21:31:45 MDT 2014

Don't see why somebody couldn't have an interest in DH, Globalisation, and Youth and Childhood studies (p.s. we should also have an ad for a junior tenure track Post Colonial or Modernism job in the next day or so: the committee is very interested in hearing from DHers for that too).

http://www.uleth.ca/artsci/node/56455

The Institute for Child & Youth Studies (I-CYS) at the University of Lethbridge seeks outstanding candidates with expertise in Child and Youth Studies to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.

The fellowship is worth $40,000 a year, and is tenable for one year, starting in September 2014. The successful applicant will be based at the Institute for Child and Youth Studies<http://www.uleth.ca/research/institute-child-and-youth-studies-i-cys> at the University of Lethbridge.

The goals of I-CYS, like Child and Youth Studies more generally, are multidisciplinary. We therefore seek a scholar whose abilities and interests can cross the boundaries of traditional academic fields. I-CYS has a core membership of scholars with expertise in Anthropology, History, Education, Psychology, Neuroscience, and Literary Studies, and we especially welcome applications that engage with these research areas. It is expected that the successful applicant will be co-supervised by Dr. Kristine Alexander<http://universityoflethbridgeartsscience.createsend1.com/t/d-l-qtitkt-l-e/> (Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Child and Youth Studies) and another member of the I-CYS core directorate according to the successful applicant’s area of study. Please see the I-CYS website<http://universityoflethbridgeartsscience.createsend1.com/t/d-l-qtitkt-l-s/> for information on potential supervisors.

The fellowship is intended to support original scholarship in Child and Youth Studies. The successful candidate will also support the research programs of I-CYS and the Canada Research Chair in Child and Youth Studies<http://universityoflethbridgeartsscience.createsend1.com/t/d-l-qtitkt-l-g/>. In addition to pursuing his or her own research, the Child and Youth Studies Fellow is expected to pursue community building and knowledge mobilization by organizing a workshop (the results of which should become a publication) and playing an active role in the Institute for Child and Youth Studies. Possibilities exist for involvement in teaching. The candidate is expected to reside in Lethbridge<http://universityoflethbridgeartsscience.createsend1.com/t/d-l-qtitkt-l-w/> during the tenure of the award.

Candidates should have completed their PhD within the past five years (2008-present). They should have a proven record of scholarly achievement and a planned research program that expands on their doctoral work or develops new research.

Applications should include a CV, brief research proposal (under 1,000 words), three letters of reference, and one example of your written work. Please submit applications electronically to icys at uleth.ca<mailto:icys at uleth.ca?subject=I-CYS%20Postdoctoral%20Fellowship>.