[globaloutlookDH-l] reminder: HASTAC 2015 deadline tomorrow
fiona.barnett at duke.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:56:53 MDT 2014
REMINDER! THE HASTAC CONFERENCE DEADLINE TOMORROW, OCT 31!
If you want to create a panel/workshop on any topic but need other participants, feel free to post a blog on HASTAC with the call in the headline, and we’ll make sure to tweet it out. Or post your call on Twitter as #HASTAC2015.
There will be student housing available on the campus for very affordable rates - something like $40 a night, I believe (details on their site below.) The hotels start at $120 a night too, so there will be some affordable housing for everyone.
We’d LOVE to have a panel from GO::DH on the specific questions and projects organized by folks here. Why not put together a panel?
Please email hastac2015 at gmail.com<mailto:hastac2015 at gmail.com> if you have any questions. You can cc me but please contact them directly as well.
all the best,
HASTAC 2015 conference <http://www.hastac2015.org> will be held May 27-30, 2015 at the Kellogg Center on the campus of Michigan State University. Connecting with HASTAC’s interdisciplinary mission, the conference will center on the theme of the “Art and Science of Digital Humanities.” Conference tracks will range in focus from current digital humanities work to featuring groundbreaking new work at the intersection of the arts and sciences. The conference will feature a mini-conference for HASTAC Scholars followed by two full days of conference activities and opportunities for collaboration.
For more information about the conference, please see www.hastac2015.org<http://www.hastac2015.org>.
* * *
The Call for Proposals for HASTAC 2015: The Arts and Science of Digital Humanities is now available! The full CFP can be found here<http://www.hastac2015.org/call-for-proposals>. The deadline for proposals is October 31, 2014.
HASTAC 2015: Exploring the Art & Science of Digital Humanities
May 27-30, 2015 Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Submissions Deadline EXTENDED to: October 31, 2014, 5:00pm EST
Join us on the campus of Michigan State University to celebrate and explore the range of Digital Humanities Scholarship, Research, and Performance! We welcome sessions that address, exemplify, and interrogate the interdisciplinary nature of DH work. HASTAC 2015 challenges participants to consider how the interplay of science, technology, social sciences, humanities, and arts are producing new forms of knowledge, disrupting older forms, challenging or reifying power relationships, among other possibilities. Themes addressed by the conference include:
* the changing nature of humanities research and scholarship
* indigenous culture, decolonial and post-colonial theory and technology
* technology and education
* open learning, peer learning, and issues of access, equity for primary and/or higher education
* communication of knowledge, publishing, and intellectual property
* digital cultural heritage and hegemony
* crowd dynamics, global outreach, and social media
* technology and social identity and roles: gender, race, and other
* digital animation and other visualization media arts and sciences
* games and gaming, including for learning
* community development including the importance of art and culture
* mobile technologies, activity streams, and experience design
* cognitive and other dimensions of creativity, innovation, and scholarship
We seek proposals for participant presentations in the following
* 5-8 minute lightning talks
* 15-20 minute talks
* 75 minute curated panels (lightning talks, longer talks, curated conversation)
* project demos
* digital and/or print posters
* creative performances or exhibitions
* maker sessions or workshops
For each submission, we will need the following information from you:
1. Complete contact information including valid phone, email, and institutional affiliation, if any;
2. 500 word abstract of the work you would like to present that must discuss its relationship to the conference themes;
3. Any technical requirements or other support (including space requirements) that may be required for the presentation. For exhibitions or other performances, please indicate any equipment that is absolutely required and that you cannot bring with you. In the event that we cannot guarantee access to the equipment, we regret that we may not be able to accept your proposal.
Director, HASTAC Scholars
Literature Program and Women's Studies
fiona.barnett at duke.edu<mailto:fiona.barnett at duke.edu><mailto:fiona.barnett at duke.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the globaloutlookdh-l