[globaloutlookDH-l] looking for Master's degree in Digital Humanities at UK

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:19:31 MDT 2014

Hello,

There are two main master's programmes I can recommend in the UK, King's'
and UCL's, both based in London.

I went to UCL so I am biased. King's has a longer tradition of "humanities
computing" as a discipline, though.

UCL http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dh/courses/mamsc

King's http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/ddh/index.aspx

Unless you have an European passport as well, overseas students pay higher
fees in the UK. The cost for the UCL master's for overseas students is
£17,250.

Sheffield has a good master's in public humanities that includes DH.
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses/arts/public-humanities-ma

Living in Sheffield would be considerably less expensive than London.
(London is now officially the most expensive city in the world
<http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/23/london-overtakes-hong-kong-worlds-most-expensive-city>).
>From what I can see Sheffield offers more funding opportunities (you will
need as much as you can if the grants' conditions allow it) than other
institutions.
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/scholarships/international

In my experience you will need at the very least £1000 a month to survive
in London. Cost of accommodation in student residences is charged per week.
Prices here:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/residences/fees

Unless you have a EU passport, I cannot emphasise enough how important it
is you check the student visa requirements.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

Hope this helps in some way

Todo lo mejor

Ernesto

*Dr Ernesto Priego*Lecturer in Library Science
#citylis City University London
Editor-in-Chief, *The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship *
http://www.comicsgrid.com/
http://epriego.wordpress.com/  @ernestopriego
<https://twitter.com/ernestopriego>

Taking Comics Seriously: