[globaloutlookDH-l] Call for nominations: Global Outlook::Digital Humanities Executive Committee

Roopika Risam rrisam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:25:47 MST 2015

Dear GO::DH members,

Global Outlook::Digital Humanities <http://globaloutlookdh.org> is holding
its second Executive Committee elections. From this election on, according
to the approved bylaws <http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/proposed-bylaws/>
that establish procedures by which GO::DH is governed, four out of eight of
the seats on the executive committee are up for election each year. When we
elected the first executive last year, four of the candidates were elected
for a one-year (renewable) term: Alex Gil, Daniel O'Donnell, Barbara
Bordalejo, and Domenico Fiormonte. The other half, Elena González-Blanco,
Élika Ortega, Maria Clara Paixão de Sousa, and Øyvind Eide were elected to
a two-year (renewable) term.

The four positions held by officers appointed to a one-year term are now up
for election to a two-year (renewable) term. Élika Ortega and Roopika Risam
are serving as the returning officers and nominations committee for this
year's election. Élika is a current member of the executive committee, and
Roopika served on the returning and nominations committee for last year's
election. We would like to open nominations for candidates for the
executive of GO::DH.

Any member of our mailing list may stand for election and self-nominations
are very welcome. If you would like to nominate somebody for election
(including yourself), please email Élika Ortega and Roopika Risam at
nominations at globaloutlookdh.org. We will need the name and email address of
the nominee, along with a brief bio and short candidate statement (200
words maximum). Please ensure that your nominee is willing to stand for
election.

In keeping with the goals and mandate of GO::DH, we strongly encourage
diversity in our nominees: there are no linguistic, geographic, rank, or
other requirements for office, and we encourage nominees from all countries
and speakers of all languages to apply. To encourage diversity among our
candidates, we ask all members to circulate this call for nominations and
also to paraphrase it or translate it into other languages to encourage
participation from underrepresented groups.

Nominations will close February 20th. A ballot will then be prepared with
the candidates' names and sent to all GO::DH members (everyone subscribed
to the mailing list) where they will be asked to select up to four names
for election. The ballot will close one week after it opens and the newly
elected GO::DH executive committee members will be announced. The executive
will later on choose a chair from among its membership and appoint all the
officers the organization requires.

We look forward to your nominations and self-nominations at
nominations at globaloutlookdh.org. Please feel free to contact us with any
questions you have.

Sincerely,

Roopika Risam and Élika Ortega