[globaloutlookDH-l] Monocultures of the (digital) Humanities

Domenico Fiormonte domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:56:55 MDT 2015

Hi everybody,

Apologies for cross-posting.
I think people on this list could be interested in this reflection -- with
some anticipation of a forthcoming study:
http://infolet.it/2015/07/12/monocultural-humanities/
I started to write it as response to Gregory Crane's article ("The Big
Humanities, National Identity and the Digital Humanities in Germany"), but
it came out too long, so I decided to make a blog post.

It would be great if a discussion here and in institutional places would
produce some new proposals for changing this discouraging scenario
(starting with the DH).

All the best

Domenico