[globaloutlookDH-l] Monocultures of the (digital) Humanities

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:46:25 MDT 2015

It's a really great post that deserves comments.

I left a comment with added hyperlinked references on Monday. It was
retained for moderation, and from my mobile it does not appear there. This
often stops me from commenting, as it has happened to me various times in
different venues.

Moderation is no doubt needed and useful but 'long' delays in moderation
discourage discussion as momentum is everything. Readers have other stuff
to do than checking if our comments get approved and published eventually
(I appreciate authors also have other things to do than moderating
comments...)

In this day and age of savage attention competition delays can kill
engagement.

Cheers,

Ernesto

Sent from a mobile device. It may contain typos.