[globaloutlookDH-l] Website editor for GO::DH

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:46:41 MDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Would it be possible to investigate ways of getting funding for a position
like this? As special interest group of the ADHO, is there a way some of
the membership we pay can be redirected for positions like this?

As someone who has volunteered as webeditor and social media community
manager positions in various academic projects I am very much aware these
are positions that we digital humanists should recognise as labour
intensive and very time consuming. The web is the gateway to what the group
does, and keep asking colleagues (regardless of academic position or career
stage) to do it on a completely voluntary basis seems unfair. Particularly
when the membership to the ADHO is paid by numerous members and there seems
to be budget for other things.

I know talking about money is always awkward but seems necessary to say it,
particularly in our field regarding web publishing work.

As always shared with the best intentions!

Warm regards,

Ernesto

*Dr Ernesto Priego*Lecturer in Library Science, #citylis
<https://www.city.ac.uk/department-library-information-science/information-studies-scheme>
City University London
Editor-in-Chief, *The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship *
<http://www.comicsgrid.com/>
https://epriego.wordpress.com/

*Upcoming Activities*
10 June*:* #citylis Postgraduate Open Evening
<http://www.city.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/visit-us/postgraduate-open-events>
13 June: #citymash: Libraries and Technology Unconference
<http://goo.gl/XLG0Nd>
November: Library Carpentry
<http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/digital-scholarship/2015/04/library-carpentry-call-for-volunteers-call-for-participants.html>