[globaloutlookDH-l] Website editor for GO::DH

Luis Rondon Paz angel25djd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:16:52 MDT 2015

Hi James, I think i can colaborate with DH in SocialMEdia area, but in
my position and location, Cuba i would not be able to be everyday
online, for example starting july im going to be off until september
because im using now the intenet at university (limited one but i can
use for academic, researching, communications, etc around  DH). i have
some experience managing SocialMedia and generating traffic to a
website from Twitter and Facebook..

Abrazos.
Luis.

On 6/12/15, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Just to note for comparison's sake what we're doing in the TEI
> (which is also ADHO affiliated in various ways), is that posts
> like the webmaster and social media coordinator are unpaid but
> given assistance to some degree in attending the yearly
> conference.  Perhaps ADHO might be willing to do something
> similar for GO::DH? Where the posts were unpaid, but travel
> expenses, accommodation, or registration (or some combination or
> those) for the DH conference were paid depending on the
> associated value of the post in question.
>
> Just providing it as an example for comparison, but agree with
> your general intent in highlighting the real work that such posts
> take.
>
> -James
>

> On 12/06/15 17:46, Ernesto Priego wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Would it be possible to investigate ways of getting funding
>> for a position like this? As special interest group of the
>> ADHO, is there a way some of the membership we pay can be
>> redirected for positions like this?
>>
>> As someone who has volunteered as webeditor and social media
>> community manager positions in various academic projects I am
>>  very much aware these are positions that we digital humanists
>>  should recognise as labour intensive and very time consuming.
>> The web is the gateway to what the group does, and keep asking
>>  colleagues (regardless of academic position or career stage)
>> to do it on a completely voluntary basis seems unfair.
>> Particularly when the membership to the ADHO is paid by
>> numerous members and there seems to be budget for other
>> things.
>>
>> I know talking about money is always awkward but seems
>> necessary to say it, particularly in our field regarding web
>> publishing work.
>>
>> As always shared with the best intentions!
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Ernesto
>>
>> *Dr Ernesto Priego *Lecturer in Library Science,#citylis
>> <https://www.city.ac.uk/department-library-information-science/information-studies-scheme>
>>  City University London Editor-in-Chief, /The Comics Grid:
>> Journal of Comics Scholarship**/ <http://www.comicsgrid.com/>
>> https://epriego.wordpress.com/ Subscribe to the Comics Grid
>> Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/iOYAj
>>
>> *Upcoming Activities* 10 June*:* #citylis Postgraduate Open
>> Evening
>> <http://www.city.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/visit-us/postgraduate-open-events>
>>

> 13 June: #citymash: Libraries and Technology Unconference
>> <http://goo.gl/XLG0Nd> November: Library Carpentry
>> <http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/digital-scholarship/2015/04/library-carpentry-call-for-volunteers-call-for-participants.html>
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Daniel O'Donnell
>> <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca <mailto:daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are looking for one or two volunteers to act as website
> [...]

Luis Rondón Paz

www.cartacuba.net
Cel:+53 53339805
fb.com/lrpbyzard