[globaloutlookDH-l] [Redhd] DH organizations around the world

igalina igalina at unam.mx
Fri Jun 26 20:18:33 MDT 2015

This is a fascinating discussion. There are too many points to address so I would just like to take up Domenico's remark about south-south collaboration. One of the frequent ironies of research in the periphery is that you have to go the centre to discover work being done in other peripheries (sometimes even from your own periphery). It would be interesting to map at some point I think, the relationships between the different communities that Alex has mapped. Research projects for example but there are probably other options for focusing on how we are interacting not only with the center but also with each other.

Also, talking about maps I would like to mention another  DH mapping project, Mapa HD by Elika Ortega and Silvia Gutiérrez: http://mapahd.org/el-mapa/

For those of you going to Sydney have a great time.

Best,

Isabel

Dra. Isabel Galina Russell
Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliográficas,
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
igalina at unam.mx
@igalina