[globaloutlookDH-l] [Redhd] DH organizations around the world

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:37:22 MDT 2015

I couldn't agree more with Domenico here. Translation is the key. And I
think you would agree that translation is not just translating words, but
cultures and intentions. I have done translation from English to english
many times, for example. Translation is the mis-en-relation of
interpretation. We often signal our allegiance to hermeneutics, but at the
end of the day, it is the shared hermeneutics, not the silent reader type,
that makes or breaks communities, and this is where the work of the noble
translators comes in. In translating each other is where I think we will
find our most sincere and realistic *pars construens.*

On that note, please welcome Scott Weingart to our conversations. Scott has
been producing some useful analysis of ADHO (and other DH) data for a
while. I'm hoping he can join this conversation with some of his recent
work.

Best to all from Sydney,
a.