[globaloutlookDH-l] Translation Hack-a-thon at DH2016

Élika Ortega elikaortega at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:04:43 MDT 2016

Dear all,

GO::DH, dh+lib, and the Libraries and DH SIG are jointly running a pre
conference workshop at DH2016 that applies the Translation Toolkit to
dh+lib, with the goal of promoting exchange of works among DH communities
all over the world.

The workshop involves hands-on translation work, and we’d like to invite
you to propose or nominate short texts you would like to see translated
into English. If there is a blog or blog post, essay, article, etc., that
you’d like to see included, please either add it to the community GoogleDoc
<http://bit.ly/GOdhlib> (http://bit.ly/GOdhlib) or tweet it out with the
hashtag #GOdhlib.

This is a great opportunity to expand the pool of sources or resources that
normally circulate in English publications. More info on the Translation
Hack-a-thon can be found here
http://acrl.ala.org/dh/2016/06/22/building-a-dhlib-community-with-a-global-outlook

Many thanks for your help! We look forward to your nominations.

All best,

Élika writing on behalf of the workshop organizers team: Sarah Potvin,
Isabel Galina, Alex Gil, Daniel O’Donnell, Patrick Williams, Zoe Borovsky,
Roxanne Shirazi, Zach Coble, and Glen Worthey.