[globaloutlookDH-l] CFP: Global Debates in the Digital Humanities

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 11:45:32 MDT 2017

Dear Ernesto (Priani) and all,

I would like to second what Roopika has said. This was never, ever intended
to diminish the value of the volume. I think everyone has said explicitly
that we are very excited and ready to help if asked, and I think we have
meant it. I love that the contributors are allowed to publish in their own
language. I love that the editors come from 3 corners of the planet. I love
the format, the thrust, the questions, etc. I apologize if this didn't come
through forcefully enough in my original email—which does not represent the
views of GO::DH. No one single voice here does, I hope.

This was not about casting doubt on the project. This was rather an
exercise in coming up collectively with a solution for a structural problem
that may not be intractable. That's why I appreciate the contributions of
Ernesto Priego and Marin Dacos, who begin to offer practical solutions for
us to discuss, and perhaps implement.

I still hope we can solve this very specific problem: how to displace the
cost of mandatory translation from authors to elsewhere in the pipeline.

a.