[globaloutlookDH-l] Welcome to our new members to GO::DH!

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 12:29:45 MDT 2017

Dear all,

We have had many newcomers join us to the list after Montreal. I wanted to
personally welcome you to the GO::DH mailing list. Please feel free to ask
anything, share opportunities and projects of interest to folks working
around the world. You can speak in any language you please. Yo hablo en
español a veces.

Sometimes we debate issues here, and we do so in a spirit of understanding
of our differences and generosity to our colleagues. You just arrived at an
important moment for GO::DH. An important volume on Global Debates in
Digital Humanities
<http://dhdebates.gc.cuny.edu/cfps/cfp_2017_global_digital_humanities.html>,
edited by Domenico Fiormonte, Sukanta Chaudhuri, and Paola Ricaurte, has
been announced, and we hope many of you will consider contributions.

More generally for us as a community, we are trying to decide the future of
GO::DH itself: should we become a constituent organization of ADHO, or
should we focus on discussions and projects. To get some context on the
latter, please feel free to reach out with questions. You can also learn
about our history from our site <http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/> and the
The early days in the archive are of particular interest since many
important debates that still resonate today took place in this list.

Bienvenidos!!
a.