[globaloutlookDH-l] FW: Survey: Attitudes towards digital culture and technology in the Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)

Spence, Paul paul.spence at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 11:06:24 MDT 2018

Dear all

This may interest people working with Modern (Foreign) Languages - please forward as appropriate.

** Apologies for cross-posting **

As part of the AHRC-funded (OWRI) 'Language Acts & Worldmaking' project, we are conducting a survey on attitudes towards digital culture and technology in the Modern Foreign Languages, with attention to both theory and practice. If your work/research involves Modern Foreign Languages in some way, we would be very interested to hear about your experiences and invite you to take part in our survey. The survey is aimed at people with any level of digital expertise, and whose work involves Modern Foreign Languages in any role (whether that be as researcher, learner, teacher, funder, policy-maker, digital practitioner, cultural practitioner or other).

For most participants, the survey will take about 15 minutes. For those who have strong involvement in digital theory or practice, you will be offered additional optional questions which might make the survey longer.

We will analyse the survey results for future presentation and publication - all results will be anonymised- and will present initial findings in the coming year.

This survey is part of a research project called 'Modern Foreign Languages Research: Digital Mediations' which was submitted to, and approved by, the King's College Research Ethics committee under its Minimal Ethical Risk Registration Process (REC Reference Number: MR/17/18-280).

The survey will be open until 31st May 2018

If you have any questions, please contact Paul Spence at paul.spence at kcl.ac.uk

Link to survey: https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/attitudes-towards-dc-in-mfl

Many thanks
Paul Spence and Renata Brandão