[globaloutlookDH-l] [One Week Reminder] [CFP] The Japanese Association for Digital Humanities 2018 at Tokyo, September 9-11

KITAMOTO Asanobu kitamoto at nii.ac.jp
Mon Apr 30 20:01:05 MDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

This year, annual conference of the Japanese Association for Digital
Humanities (JADH) will be held at Tokyo, September 9-11.

The deadline is May 8. We still have one week to prepare the abstract!

****************** CALL FOR PAPERS (Deadline May 8) ******************

JADH (The Japanese Association for Digital Humanities) conference 2018
co-located with
TEI (Text Encoding Initiative Consortium) conference 2018

http://conf2018.jadh.org/

- Submission Deadline: May 8, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: May 31, 2018
- Conference date: September 9-11, 2018
- Venue: Hitotsubashi Hall, Tokyo

The conference will feature posters, papers and panels. We invite
proposals globally on all aspects of digital humanities, and especially
  encourage papers treating topics that deal with practices that aim to
  cross borders, for example, between academic fields, media, languages,
  cultures, organizations, and so on, as related to the field of digital
  humanities.

Theme: "Leveraging Open Data"
Open Data has recently been a driver in various fields. The notion,
activities, and the data themselves have gradually been gaining
attention in the humanities. Large scale reusable data and greater
integration of open data provide new research opportunities with
relatively few costs. Open data has been strongly assisted by recent
developments in digital tools, guidelines and frameworks that leverage
digital cultural resources. It has become more important to share data
and tools and to discuss their use in the context of digital humanities.
  This year we strongly encourage the submission of proposals about
methods, results, and problems of leveraging open data in the
humanities. With this as our suggested central focus, we nonetheless
welcome papers on a broad range of DH topics.

Abstract: 500-1000 words in length in English, including title. Please
submit abstracts on the open conference system for conference below by
May 8, 2018.

Program Committee:
Paul Arthur (Edith Cowan University, Australia)
James Cummings (Newcastle University, UK)
J. Stephen Downie (University of Illinois, USA)
Øyvind Eide (University of Koeln, Germany)
Makoto Goto (National Institute for Humanities, Japan)
Shoichiro Hara (Kyoto University, Japan)
JenJou Hung (Dharma Drum Institute of Liberal Arts, Taiwan)
Jieh Hsiang (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
Akihiro Kawase (Doshisha University, Japan)
Asanobu Kitamoto (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
Chao-Lin Liu (National Chengchi University, Taiwan)
Maciej Eder (Pedagogical University of Kraków, Poland)
A. Charles Muller (University of Tokyo, Japan)
Hajime Murai (Future University Hakodate, Japan)
Kiyonori Nagasaki (International Institute for Digital Humanities, Japan)
Geoffrey Rockwell (University of Alberta, Canada)
Susan Schreibman (National University of Ireland Maynooth, Ireland)
Masahiro Shimoda (University of Tokyo, Japan)
Raymond Siemens (University of Victoria, Canada)
Donald Sturgeon (Harvard University, USA)
Keiko Suzuki (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
Tomoji Tabata (Osaka University, Japan)
Toru Tomabechi (International Institute for Digital Humanities, Japan)
Kathryn Tomasek (Wheaton College, USA)
Christian Wittern (Kyoto University, Japan)
Taizo Yamada (University of Tokyo, Japan)

---
Dr. Asanobu KITAMOTO
Director, Center for Open Data in the Humanities
Associate Professor, National Institute of Informatics
http://codh.rois.ac.jp/
http://researchmap.jp/kitamoto/