[globaloutlookDH-l] Foundations for Open Scholarship Strategy

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:12:20 MDT 2018

 Dear all,

I am not sure what the fate of this email list will be, not sure if we are
supposed to still use it or if anyone is still receiving messages.

Can I ask if there is or if there is a plan for a new email list moderator,
or is it just being phased out? Last chance we checked there were 500+
members; it seems like a unique resource and a shame to just let it die.

Anyway:

In other lists I am a member of Jon Tennant has shared the first formally
published version of the Open Scholarship Strategy:

https://zenodo.org/record/1323437#.W17HXNL7RPY

"The purpose of this document is to provide a concise analysis of where the
global Open Scholarship movement currently stands: what the common threads
and strengths are, where the greatest opportunities and challenges lie, and
how we can more effectively work together as a global community to
recognise the
top strategic priorities."

As Jon notes,

"The main document is available in a range of formats: markdown, R
markdown, Epub, iPython notebook, open document text, PDF, rich-text
format, LaTeX, plain text, xml, and html. Comments and contributions to the
next version are welcome through THIS MARKDOWN FILE
<https://github.com/Open-Scholarship-Strategy/site/blob/master/index.Rmd>,
or if you are uncomfortable with traditional Git-based workflows, through
the issue tracker HERE
<https://github.com/Open-Scholarship-Strategy/site/issues>.

In addition to the above, the pilot module for the Open Science MOOC
<https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC/Module-5-Open-Research-Software-and-Open-Source/tree/master/content_development#module-5-content-development>,
Open Source and Open Research Software, is now open for community feedback.
We would welcome comments and criticisms
<https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC/Module-5-Open-Research-Software-and-Open-Source/issues>
from anyone interested, and all realms of scholarly communication!"

As this is part of the domain of the digital humanities, affecting most
crucially colleages from the Global South, I thought I'd share here.

Hoping you are all well,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.