[globaloutlookDH-l] Elections

B. Bordalejo barbara.bordalejo at arts.kuleuven.be
Wed Aug 1 11:44:30 MDT 2018

Dear John,

GO::DH has been an ADHO's SIGs for some time (I believe that it was the
first to obtain that status). Last December, a referendum was called by
Alex Gil (then Chair) and Roopika Risam asking the members of this group
whether we should sever all ties with ADHO or continue negotiations to
become a CO. An overwhelming majority voted for the second option (but
please note that continuing negotiations does not amount to eventually
becoming a CO, just exploring that option).

I have raised the possibility of a GO::DH series, but I have been told
that, without an executive to approve of it, I can't go ahead.

BB