[globaloutlookDH-l] Elections

Unsworth, John M (jmu2m) unsworth at virginia.edu
Wed Aug 1 19:20:52 MDT 2018

Hi Barbara,

What would a GO::DH series be?

John

From: globaloutlookdh-l <globaloutlookdh-l-bounces at uleth.ca> on behalf of "B. Bordalejo" <barbara.bordalejo at arts.kuleuven.be>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 1:45 PM
To: "globaloutlookdh-l at uleth.ca" <globaloutlookdh-l at uleth.ca>
Subject: Re: [globaloutlookDH-l] Elections

Dear John,

GO::DH has been an ADHO's SIGs for some time (I believe that it was the first to obtain that status). Last December, a referendum was called by Alex Gil (then Chair) and Roopika Risam asking the members of this group whether we should sever all ties with ADHO or continue negotiations to become a CO. An overwhelming majority voted for the second option (but please note that continuing negotiations does not amount to eventually becoming a CO, just exploring that option).

I have raised the possibility of a GO::DH series, but I have been told that, without an executive to approve of it, I can't go ahead.

BB