[globaloutlookDH-l] Elections

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:45:01 MDT 2018

I really like the idea of a collection in Digital Studies, Barbara. It's a
very positive thing it's an OLH journal and therefore open access sans
APCs. A

I was wondering if the existence of this group on email has to depend on
the organisational/institutional fate of GO::DH. Speaking personally, the
workload implied implied in exec committees is a big obstacle to anyone who
already has a very heavy workload and who may struggle to even follow the
email discussion. It's not unwillingness to contribute, it's the fact that
we are unable to commit to more. This is unfortunate indeed.

However keeping the group together on email does not have to be onerous. It
seems to me there is a real need for spaces to share and discuss ideas
regarding global digital humanities/scholarship.

Starting another email group from scratch would mean losing a lot of the
membership here. Can we at least keep it going, all together, even if the
group's institutional status is still being defined?

Cheers,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.