[globaloutlookDH-l] Election results and our steps forward

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:50:44 MST 2018

Dear all,

I hope the new year has started on the right step for all of us, and I wish
you a fruitful year in your struggles and goals.

The executive committee voted on our future soon after you cast your vote,
and by unanimous vote the wishes of the collective were respected. That
means that we as a community have elected to move forward with the Baby and
The Bathwater Position
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MSkTVP3Xib4z4RfKB3eoutSW2FKILRmkFfnfnw2wMP4/edit>.
In short, the SIG stays as is for now, with a mandate to investigate
becoming a CO. Thanks to all, and the executive committee members who
participated in discussion and with their votes. I was very pleased to see
such great debate and collegiality during this process, and I have high
hopes for those who would carry the future banner of GO::DH.

Our election for a new Chair is traditionally slated for January, and this
is the perfect opportunity to pass on the reigns of GO::DH to the person
that will implement our new mandate.

At this point we need* a new election official *to step forward from the
membership to run our elections in order for me to be able to step down.
Join me in thanking Roopika Risam for running our elections for the past
few years with such efficiency, clarity and professionalism. Three cheers
for Dr. Risam!

If anyone wants to take over this role, please contact me ASAP. We're a bit
behind schedule because of the long process to decide our future.

Onward GO::DH!
a.