[globaloutlookDH-l] Spring 2018 Events at the CTSDH at Loyola University Chicago

luctsdh luctsdh at luc.edu
Wed Jan 10 14:45:29 MST 2018

Welcome to 2018!

This spring semester, the Center for Textual Studies and Digital Humanities at Loyola University Chicago offers a full schedule of lectures, conferences, workshops, and gatherings. As a multidisciplinary research center in the College of Arts and Sciences, we bring together students, staff, faculty, alumni, and area residents to learn about the ways in which digital applications, sources, and tools are transforming how we ask - and try to answer - age-old humanistic questions while also thinking about how the humanities can help us better understand the digital age. Over the coming months, we invite you to:

Learn ...
about the latest digital projects with our lunchtime lecture series.

  *   The Spirit of Notetaking: Traditional Research and Writing Strategies for the 21st Century with George Thiruvathukal and David Dennis, February 1, 12:30-1:30 pm
  *   Translating the Revolution: The Newberry's French Revolution Pamphlets Digital Initiative with Matthew Clarke and Jen Wolfe, February 14, 12:30-1:30 pm
  *   Digital Affect and the Marginalized Body: Pondering an Autoethnographic Turn in the Digital Humanities with Frederick Staidum Jr, March 14, 12:30-1:30 pm
  *   From the Attic to the Web: Building the May Weber Ethnographic Digital Collection with Catherine Nichols, Lucas Coyne, Andi Pacheco, and Adam Depew, April 11, 12:30-1:30 pm

Discover ...
a new skill at one of our hands-on workshops.

  *   Digital Humanities Pedagogy Tool Kit with Becca Parker, January 19, 12:30-2 pm
  *   Confessions of a Managing Editor: Article Publishing for Graduate Students with Liz Hopwood, February 9, 12:30-2 pm
  *   Git/hub, Command line, Markdown with Neha Goel, Abdur Khan, and Becca Parker, March 2, 12-2 pm
  *   Text Analysis with Voyant with Niamh McGuigan, April 6, 12:30-2 pm

Rethink ...
how we do things in the digital age at a day conference:

  *   Digital Accessibility: Assessing, Amending, and Advancing Digital Content for All, February 23, 8:45 am-4 pm, IC 4th Floor
  *   Transformative Digital Humanities: Scrutinizing Structures, Rethinking Representation, March 23, 9 am-5:30 pm, IC 4th Floor

Gather ...

  *   on Saturday mornings throughout the semester to volunteer with our chapter of Girls Who Code<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/girlswhocode/>
  *   on alternating Wednesdays in the CTSDH at 12:00 noon to talk about the latest issues in our #DebatingDH series.

All programs are free and open to the public. Download our spring flyer here<https://luc.edu/media/lucedu/ctsdh/documents/CTSDH%20Spring%202018%20Events.pdf>. Visit our website<http://www.luc.edu/ctsdh> for more information about any of these programs or our research projects<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/researchprojects/> and Interdisciplinary MA in the Digital Humanities<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/stories/archive/infosession.shtml> (deadline February 1st to be considered for funding for 2018-2019).

Questions? Email Kyle Roberts (kroberts2 at luc.edu<mailto:kroberts2 at luc.edu>). See you at the CTSDH!