[globaloutlookDH-l] MA in Digital Humanities @ Loyola University Chicago: Online Info Session 10/25

luctsdh luctsdh at luc.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:21:06 MDT 2018

Join us for an Online Info Session on Thursday October 25, 7pm CST.

We'll discuss the curriculum, classes, and the career paths you can take with a Master's degree in Digital Humanities.

Register at:

https://gpem.luc.edu/register/?id=784cf149-cc7f-4f8b-b88d-f40f2122d1ae%20

Our Master's Program

Learn first-hand the ways in which computational technologies are transforming how we ask- and seek to answer-  age-old humanistic questions. Gain a theoretical understanding of how technology shapes our lived experience while developing practical knowledge of making and building.

Our Students

Our students arrive from different fields and disciplines, including literary studies, history, computer science, communications, and library and information science. They come from diverse cultural backgrounds, and find a home in Loyola's interdisciplinary research center, the Center for Textual Studies and Digital Humanities<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/>, where they undertake research projects, present public programs, and gather socially.

Our Curriculum

In our 30-hour part-time or full-time program, our students are trained in the practice and critical study of the intersections between the humanities and computational social science. Coursework<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/academics/curriculum/> and research projects range from digital textual editing, archiving, publishing, and data analysis, to the study of new media. Students collaborate with world-renowned faculty and curators before embarking on a capstone project of their own design.

Your Career

MA in Digital Humanities graduates are prepared for careers in the private and academic sectors, including education, libraries, archives, museums, tech firms, and PhD programs.  ?

What Our Students Say

"The diversity and global stature of Chicago are big parts of the reason I love the city. I was drawn to Loyola's strong reputation and emphasis on knowledge not for its own sake but for the service of others and the human community. Loyola's commitment to excellence and global awareness resonated with me during a time when our political leaders at the state and national level seem determined to pull away from science and the global community. Loyola's commitment to social justice in Plan 2020 (https://www.luc.edu/strategicplanning/plan2020/) gave me confidence that a degree from Loyola would prepare me not just for my own future, but to give back to others in Chicago and make a positive difference in the world."

- Tyler Monaghan, Class of 2019

We are currently accepting applications for admission<https://luc.edu/ctsdh/academics/maindigitalhumanities/> for the Fall 2019 semester. The deadline to be considered for fellowship support is February 1, 2019.

Register at:  https://gpem.luc.edu/register/?id=784cf149-cc7f-4f8b-b88d-f40f2122d1ae%20

Learn More

Can't make it? Email Dr. Elizabeth Hopwood (ehopwood at luc.edu<mailto:ehopwood at luc.edu>) to schedule a visit or phone call.

Visit our Website