[globaloutlookDH-l] Film Screenings of Paywall: The Business of Scholarship

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:16:50 MDT 2018

Dear all, I hope you had a good summer and are all doing well.

In anticipation of Open Access Week 2018 <http://www.openaccessweek.org/>
(October 22-28 2018), I'd like to share with you that I've organised a free
and public screening of the documentary film *Paywall: The Business of
Scholarship* (dir. and prod. Jason Schmitt, 2018) at City, University of
London, on Wednesday 17 October 2018 from 17:30. The screening will be
introduced by Yours Truly and hopefully followed by discussion, either
there or at the pub.

(This event is public and free but requires registration:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/documentary-film-screening-paywall-the-business-of-scholarship-2018-tickets-49845449080)
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/documentary-film-screening-paywall-the-business-of-scholarship-2018-tickets-49845449080>

You can watch trailers for the film at https://paywallthemovie.com/trailers.

For other screenings at universities worldwide, keep an eye on the listings
at https://paywallthemovie.com/screenings.
<https://paywallthemovie.com/screenings>

The producer and director, Jason Schmitt, is keen on more universities
hosting screenings for the film. If you are interested and can help
promoting the film and fostering wider discussion about scholarly
communications, you can contact Jason via this contact form:
https://paywallthemovie.com/contact.

Once again I think the digital humanities is highly invested in the digital
infrastructures that enable scholarly publishing today, and therefore can
play a leading role in promoting wider discussion on the state of scholarly
communications today, its history and possible avenues for its future.

All the best,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.