[globaloutlookDH-l] GO::DH Executive Committee election - call for nominations
brianrosenblum at ku.edu
Sat Apr 13 13:10:54 MDT 2019
The fall 2018 GO::DH Executive Committee elections resulted in the appointment of four new executive committee members: Barbara Bordalejo, Marisol Fila, Rahul Gairola, and Brian Rosenblum. With Amy Earhart and Tunde Opeibi graciously returning for another year of service we are still two vacancies away from having a full, eight-member Executive.
We are now seeking at least two nominees for election and/or acclamation to the Committee. This will be for a two-year term of service beginning immediately after the election, from 2018-2020. All voting positions on the Committee are for two year terms that can be renewed three times.
We begin with a two-week nomination period, which will close Sunday, April 28 at midnight in all time zones. After the nomination period closes, the election will be held by electronic ballot open to all subscribers to the list.
The work of a GO::DH Executive Committee is not heavy, but it is important to our community and the support of an approach to DH that recognizes, supports, and encourages linguistic, regional, and other forms of diversity. Please consider nominating yourself (self-nominations are common and welcome) or somebody else in our community by emailing Brian Rosenblum at brianrosenblum at ku.edu<mailto:brianrosenblum at ku.edu>. All who wish to put their names forward will be warmly welcomed as candidates.
In your email, please include the following information:
* The name of the nominee
* Preferred email address of the nominee (if you are nominating somebody other than yourself, please be sure to cc your nominee on the email so that we know they are willing to stand and that we know we have a working email address for them).
* An optional brief candidate statement (<250 words). This can be anything you wish: a bio; an explanation of your aims for the position; political planks. This statement will be published to the GO::DH website.
GO::DH has done great work in our field, but it depends on the efforts of those willing to volunteer. GO::DH is all of us! I hope you will consider putting your name forward.
Co-Director, Institute for Digital Research in the Humanities
Digital Scholarship Librarian
University of Kansas Libraries
Room 450, Watson Library | 1425 Jayhawk Blvd. | Lawrence, KS 66045-7537
Ph. (785) 864-8883 | Email: brianrosenblum at ku.edu<mailto:brianrosenblum at ku.edu> | http://idrh.ku.edu
* Pronouns: He/Him/His. Learn about the importance of recognizing and stating gender pronouns, and how to make the classroom more inclusive of transgender students HERE<https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/inclusive-teaching/2017/08/29/gender-diversity-and-pronouns/>.
* Supporting Undocumented Students. Learn how create a safe and inclusive classroom environment for students navigating immigration status stress HERE<https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/uk/18/05/supporting-undocumented-students-and-mixed-status-families>.
* Territorial Acknowledgment. The University of Kansas resides on land that is traditional territory of the Kaw (Kansa) and Osage peoples.
Learn more about territorial acknowledgments at https://native-land.ca<https://native-land.ca/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the globaloutlookdh-l