[globaloutlookDH-l] New Executive Roles and other matters

Tunde Ope-Davies tundeopeibi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:41:43 MST 2019

👏👏👍👍!!!
Many thanks indeed our Chair. Congratulations to everyone on the Board!
Wishing GO::DH greater days ahead!
May I know how many of us will be at ADHO-2019 in Netherlands? We are
facilitating a Workshop focusing on DH in Africa at Leiden ( July 1-5). If
you are  around during the period, we would be glad to welcome you.
And I'm extremely pleased to inform you all that a number of our attendees
from Lagos Summer School in DH(2017 & 2018) won the bursary competition to
attend. A compelling testimony of what GO::DH  has done.  So we should be
proud of this achievement.  And I must specially thank Dan (O'Donnell) and
Alex (Gil) for all their support towards the success of the  2
editions(LSSDH-2017 & LSSDH-2018). They were physically present in Lagos to
teach courses and give lectures. We are already planning the 3rd
edition(LSSDH-2019) and we may be soliciting the support of facilitators to
come over to  Lagos and help us 😁😁🙏🙏!       Hoping to receive your
support!
I'm extremely humbled by the selfless service from our great people in this
association. Let's not be distracted from our vision and mission and the
core values that have driven and sustained this association this far.
GO::DH has impacted so much on our DH activities in Nigeria and the
sub-region. Let's please keep the momentum up.
Many thanks to you all for giving me the privilege to be on the Board and
for all your support.
With best regards,

Tunde

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 8:03 PM Barbara Bordalejo <
barbara.bordalejo at kuleuven.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Last week we had a meeting with the new GO::DH executive. We decided that
> Brian Rosemblum will serve as vice-chair, Marisol Fila as secretary, Amy
> Earhart as webmaster and Rahul Gairola is going to be in charge of our
> social media presence. I was asked to serve as chair and accepted.
>
> We still don't have a complete executive committee which, according to our
> bylaws, should have eight members, so we will be calling for another
> election in the next few days. If you can, think of nominating yourself.
> This group needs all hands on deck right now.
>
> I want to bring to your attention the current discussions about the new
> ADHO governance model. As it is, several of the possible scenarios would
> not allow the Special Interest Groups (of which GO::DH is one) a vote. The
> argument is that if the SIGs had a vote, some people would be doubly
> represented. GO::DH differs from other SIGs in that most of our members are
> not part of formal associations already represented within the ADHO
> structures which is why, for some time, we have been exploring the
> possibility of a different type of relationship with ADHO. I think it is
> time to reopen those conversations. I would like a couple of volunteers
> from the general membership to help with this matter. Please contact me or
> any member of the executive off list if you are interested in contributing
> to this.
>
> I would like to thank Amy and Tunde for their help and support, all new
> and former members of the executive, and everyone on this list. You are
> GO::DH; let’s continue to do great work together.
>
> BB

*Professor Tunde Ope-Davies (f.k.a. Opeibi)*, *PhD*
*(Professor of English, Digital Cultures & **Discourse Studies University
of Lagos)*

*Life  Fellow, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany*

*Convener, Lagos Summer School in Digital Humanities (LSSDH)*

*Member, Executive Board, Global Outlook for Digital Humanities (GO::DH)*

*Founding Chair, Digital Humanities Research Unit, University of Lagos*

*President, Digital Humanities Association of Nigeria (DHAN)*
*www.dhunilag.com <http://www.dhunilag.com>*