[globaloutlookDH-l] MakeWrite is now live

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:55:13 MDT 2019

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that we have now launched MakeWrite, an iPad app
that was co-designed by and for people with aphasia (a language difficulty
following brain injury).

The app offers an accessible way for anyone to create and share texts in
English. However, you don't need to live with aphasia to try it out. Users
can use existing text to make their own new piece of creative writing in
four simple stages: choose, erase, arrange and share.

The project has launched it today as part of UNESCO's World Poetry Day.

This is its first release- it is a worldwide release for all iPad models,
but if you are not in the UK and you experience difficulties downloading
please do let us know- there should be no problems though.

Needless to say I'd personally love to see a multilingual MakeWrite, and of
course one with a wider variety of source texts and an Android version too.
In the meanwhile here's the first release, and as fellow DH folk I thought
you'd be interested.

Link to the release on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/makewrite/id1456271313?mt=8
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/makewrite/id1456271313?mt=8>

All the best,

Enresto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.