[globaloutlookDH-l] DH, copyright and Article 17 (ex Article 13)

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:00:39 MDT 2019

Alas, "despite a petition with over 5 million signatures and scores of
protests across Europe attended by tens of thousands of people, MEPs voted
by 348 to 274 in favour of the changes".
https://blog.okfn.org/2019/03/26/eu-copyright-vote-a-massive-blow-for-internet-users/

This kind of understanding of copyright will keep limiting the kind of
research the Digital Humanities can do and the type of online platforms it
can use to disseminate DH research, as if it weren't already highliy
limited to public domain works...

Le sigh,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.