[globaloutlookDH-l] The (mostly unknown) story of the Internet Governance

Domenico Fiormonte domenico.fiormonte at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:55:54 MST 2020

Dear all,

we've just poublished on infolet.it an interview with Giacomo Mazzone, an IG expert who has been following the UN Internet Governance process since its inception. I think the interview is interesting for our global community for at least two reasons. First of all, it tells the story of the (failed) attempt to build a multipolar governance of the Internet. This story is largely unknown (at least among Digital Humanists). Secondly, it shows clearly the role of Global South players in the process, and the geopolitical consequences of their marginalization. It seems another example of how the geopolitics of knowledge is becoming more and more the key factor to understand today's global transformations.

As digital humanists, do we have something to say?

https://infolet.it/2020/02/04/la-guerra-sconosciuta-per-il-controllo-della-rete-per-una-microstoria-dellinternet-governance/
The interview is in Italian, and we'd be very grateful if people would help us to translate it in other languages!

Thanks!

Domenico