[globaloutlookDH-l] Coronavirus and digital methods

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:37:37 MDT 2020

Dear all,

Many of you might have received this yesterday too from the MLA, sharing
just in case someone missed it.

<goog_362440689>
https://teachingresources.hcommons.org/?utm_campaign=meetingseventsmarch2020
<https://teachingresources.hcommons.org/?utm_campaign=meetingseventsmarch2020>

Solidarity and best wishes in these exceptional times.

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail
must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations,
projects, colleagues or employers.

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 at 00:32, Yasmin Portales <yspmoficina at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone!
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Mar 12, 2020, at 9:54 AM, Ernesto Priego <efpriego at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I hope everyone is doing well and keeping healthy. It seems to me the
>>> novel coronavirus pandemic is giving us some very practical examples of how
>>> poorly prepared higher education institutions remain culturally (socially)
>>> and technologically to respond to situations that challenge the privilege
>>> of physical, real time presence. It will also highlight differences in
>>> infrastructural development across institutions and countries, social and
>>> academic customs, and issues around access, mobility, engagement, pace of
>>> change.
>>>
>>> I thought I'd share two readings for context:
>>>
>>> Reputation over responsibility: UK HE and the Covid-19 crisis
>>> https://link.medium.com/liEl54MfN4
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> Why are some colleges closing over virus concerns while others stay
>>> open?
>>> https://ihenow.com/2IIHZmJ
>>>
>>> These articles do not specifically address the issue of digital
>>> technology, online learning, digital methods of delivery, assessment and
>>> participation, but I hope they can -random as they may potentially be seen-
>>> provoke perhaps further thought and discussion of our role as academics
>>> working in and with digital scholarship in scenarios like the one the world
>>> is facing these days.
>>>
>>> Is your university/college closed or considering closing? What role can
>>> the digital humanities play in scenarios where social distancing measures
>>> are implemented more thoroughly and widely?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>> Ernesto
>>>
>>> @ernestopriego
>>> http://epriego.blog/ <https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
>>> The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship
>>> http://www.comicsgrid.com/
>>> Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
>>> Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025
>>> Subscribe to the Comics Grid Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/iOYAj
>>>
>>> The information contained in this email is confidential and may be
>>> legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are
>>> not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this
>>> e-mail must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's
>>> consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of
>>> the author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related
>>> organisations, projects, colleagues or employers.

>>> You are currently subscribed to this list in NON-digest mode. This means
>>> you receive every message as it is posted.
>>>
>>> If this represents too much traffic, you can also subscribe in DIGEST
>>> mode. This sends out a single email once a day containing the entire day's
>>> postings. To change your settings go to