[globaloutlookDH-l] A Manifesto for Resistance in COVID-19 Times

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:52:52 MDT 2020

Caution: This email was sent from someone outside of the University of Lethbridge. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you know they are safe. Please forward suspicious emails to phishing at uleth.ca.
Dear all,

Greetings from London, UK.

Colleagues in the UK have been sharing a comprehensive manifesto of resistance to the current Covid-exacerbated crisis in Higher Education.

You may have heard that a government bailout was refused (see https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/may/04/government-refuses-multi-billion-pound-bailout-for-universities). In response, the document  aims to provide a vision of higher education that is radical and democratic, and which refuses both the 'new normal' and the 'old normal'.

As far as I can seem there's nothing in the form that would not allow international signatures. This is a time where any gesture (however small) of international solidarity can go a very long way. Sometimes all we have is the power of empathy.

Please read, and if you agree, please consider signing and sharing it:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvVfRd-Ux46Lc4iGHT1gbpJtklr0KsnaxlunHvLg3OwKWepg/viewform

(You may ask yourselves- "what does this have to do with the digital humanities?" And I'd say, everything).

Wishing you all the best in these exceptional times.

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/<https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations, projects, colleagues or employers.