[globaloutlookDH-l] Invitation to HCID Seminar: UK Coronavirus Dashboard: From Concept to Reality

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:18:38 MST 2021

Caution: This email was sent from someone outside of the University of Lethbridge. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you know they are safe. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to phishing at uleth.ca.

Dear all,

I hope it's OK to share an invitation to this event I have organised. Hope some of you find it interesting.  I appreciate the GMT timing of this live event is a limitation for some timezones; the seminar will be recorded.

Ci<https://hcid.city/>ty HCID<https://hcid.city/> Research Seminar on Wednesday, 17 February 2021, 11:00 – 12:00 GMT, via Zoom.

Title: UK Coronavirus Dashboard: From Concept to Reality

Speaker: Pouria Hadjibagheri,  technical and development lead of the UK Coronavirus Dashboard, Public Health England

Everyone is welcome but requires previous registration at http://bit.ly/HCIDSeminarCoronavirusDashboard.

Abstract: With over a million unique visitors each day and serving up to 76 million requests a day, the UK Coronavirus Dashboard<https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/> has become a vital service in the current pandemic for both professionals and the public.

The dashboard is designed, implemented, and maintained by civil servants at Public Health England.

The aim of this talk is to provide a high-level insight into the dashboard and what goes on the background. The presentation will focus on topics including:

  *   the technology that powers the service
  *   design and development techniques
  *   challenges associated with running a major national service
  *   difficulties and advantages of open source software and open data

Hope some of you can join us.

All the best,

Ernesto

@ernestopriego
http://epriego.blog/<https://epriego.wordpress.com/>
The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship http://www.comicsgrid.com/
Parables of Care: https://blogs.city.ac.uk/parablesofcare/
Symbola Comics: https://figshare.com/collections/Symbola_Comics/4090025

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail. The contents of this e-mail must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations, projects, colleagues or employers.