[globaloutlookDH-l] Deadline Extended: Global Digital Humanities Symposium: Apply to Join 2022 Planning Committee by Friday, July 2

Mapes, Kristen kmapes at msu.edu
Mon Jun 28 14:43:28 MDT 2021

Caution: This email was sent from someone outside of the University of Lethbridge. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you know they are safe. Suspicious emails should be forwarded to phishing at uleth.ca.

Global Digital Humanities Symposium 2022 Planning Committee

Dear colleagues,

We are looking toward the Gobal Digital Humanities Symposium in 2022 and invite Global DH community members to apply to join the Planning Committee. Fill out the application form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRbF5rrbK0PsC-IudeO5Av0Lqu_HzmDwvmIvkBAaSNcQI8jA/viewform> by Friday July 2. (It is a short application!). Briefly, we are looking for people familiar with the Symposium who are able to commit to two virtual meetings per month for a year, and we are able to offer a $300 USD honorarium.

Find a full description, including subcommittee work on the Symposium website here<http://msuglobaldh.org/2022-planning-committee/>.

The Global Digital Humanities Symposium 2022 will be organized by a planning committee of 10-12 people. The committee as a whole will meet monthly (virtually) beginning in July 2021 through May 2022 in order to plan, execute, and close out the 2022 event. Committee members will join one of three subcommittees (each including 3-4 people) which will also meet monthly (virtually) and as needed. Attendance at the Symposium (whether in person and/or virtually) is required for committee members.

We recognize the extraordinary time and commitment that this process requires. As such, we will provide a letter of appreciation for their work and a $300 (USD) honorarium to committee members after the 2022 Symposium. Because we depend on the commitment of planning committee members for the success of the Symposium, however, we reserve the right to remove from the committee anyone who does not participate in committee and/or subcommittee work for two months or longer (either via meeting attendance or through email contribution).

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

All best,

Kristen

Kristen Mapes
Assistant Director of Digital Humanities, College of Arts & Letters
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI
kmapes at msu.edu