Subject: Call for submissions: Digital Humanities Quarterly
From: "A.H. van der Weel PBk" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:05:06 +0100

[Please excuse cross-posting]

Submissions are invited for Digital Humanities Quarterly, a new open- 
access peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the Alliance of Digital  
Humanities Organizations and the Association for Computers and the  
Humanities. Submissions may be mailed to  
[email-masked]. A web submission form will also be  
available soon.

We welcome material on all aspects of digital media in the  
humanities, including humanities computing, new media, digital  
libraries, game studies, digital editing, pedagogy, hypertext and  
hypermedia, computational linguistics, markup theory, and related  
fields. Submissions are invited in the following categories:

--Articles representing original research in digital humanities
--Editorials and opinion pieces on any aspect of digital humanities
--Reviews of web resources, books, software tools, digital  
publications, and other relevant materials
--Interactive media works including digital art, hypertext  
literature, criticism, and interactive experiments.  A separate  
detailed call for interactive submissions is also available; see  
http://www.digitalhumanities.org/en//DHquarterly/InteractivemediaCall

Submissions in all categories may be in traditional formats, or may  
be formally experimental. We welcome submissions that experiment with  
the rhetoric of the digital medium. We encourage the use of standards- 
based formats, but over time we will work to accommodate a wider  
range of media types and experimental functions.

Submissions may be of any length. All submissions will be peer reviewed.

For submission guidelines, please visit http:// 
www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/guidelines/index.html.

For further information, and to contact our editors, please visit the  
DHQ web site at http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/