Subject: Re: CLIR Fellowship Announcement
From: Syd Bauman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:39:14 -0500

This just in from

  Kathlin Smith
  Director of Communications, CLIR
  202-939-4754

CLIR Announces Fellowship Program in Scholarly Information Resources
for Humanists

The Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) is now
accepting applications for the 2006 Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program
in Scholarly Information Resources for Humanists. Now in its third
year, the fellowship provides new scholars in the humanities a unique
opportunity to develop expertise in new forms of scholarly research
and the information resources that support them, both traditional and
digital, that are challenging research institutions in the changing
academic landscape. The program offers fellowships to individuals who
have earned their Ph.D.s in disciplines in the humanities within the
past five years (or who will earn them before starting the program)
and who believe that there are opportunities to develop meaningful
linkages between disciplinary scholarship, libraries, archives, and
evolving digital tools. All fields in the humanities will be
considered; Fellows must be in residence at a sponsoring institution
for the duration of the fellowship. Applications must be postmarked
by February 24, 2006. For more information about the CLIR Fellowship
and application procedures, please visit
http://www.clir.org/fellowships/postdoc/postdoc.html.