Subject: Call for posters and demonstrations: TEI Members Meeting 2006
From: Julia Flanders <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:38:55 -0400

Call for Posters and Demonstrations

TEI Annual Members Meeting
University of Victoria, Canada
October 27-28, 2006

Deadline for submission of proposals: May 29, 2006

The TEI Consortium is happy to announce that a poster session/tool
demonstration will again be included in the program of  this
year's TEI Members' Meeting in Victoria, Canada on October 27 and 28th, 
2006.
The poster session will take place the morning of the second day of the
meeting, Saturday, October 28th. In addition to the poster session on
Saturday, some poster presenters will be offered the opportunity to give
a short talk about their poster at the members' meeting on Friday,
October 27th.

The topic of a poster can be a current project you are working on using
TEI encoding, a tool developed for the production or dissemination of
TEI-encoded texts, or any TEI-related topic you feel would be of benefit
to the community. The poster can be a traditional printed poster or a
demonstration on a computer. Unfortunately the TEI cannot fund the
travel, lodging, or meals for poster presenters. The local organizer can
provide a flip chart and a table for each presenter, and wireless
internet access will be available.

If you wish to present a poster or tool demonstration at the members'
meeting in Victoria, please send a brief proposal (500-750 words)
describing your project to:

[email-masked]

Deadline for proposals is May 29, 2006.
The proposals will be reviewed by the program committee and successful
applicants will be notified by June 19 and given further information
about presenting.