Subject: [DIGITALCLASSICIST] 'Using computer modelling to investigate relationships between Roman Wall Painting and Roman Theatre' (seminar)
From: Gabriel Bodard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:05:29 +0100

Please circulate:

Digital Classicist/Institute of Classical Studies Work in Progress
Seminar, Summer 2007

Friday 1st June at 16:30, in room NG16, Senate House, Malet Street, London

Richard Beacham (King's College London)

'Using computer modelling to investigate relationships between Roman
Wall Painting and Roman Theatre'

ALL WELCOME

The presentation will provide a brief overview of current research into
connections between Roman theatre, Roman frescos, and their spatial and
cultural contexts. It will provide several illustrated case-studies of
an intermedial research methodology that employs three-dimensional
computer visualisation to assist in interpreting the complex interplays
of 2D and 3D space in these ancient Roman art forms.

The seminar will be followed by wine and refreshments.

For more information please contact [email-masked] or
[email-masked], or see the seminar website at
http://www.digitalclassicist.org/wip/wip2007.html

Regards,

-- 
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London
Kay House
7, Arundel Street
London WC2R 3DX

Email: [email-masked]
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1388
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980

http://www.digitalclassicist.org/
http://www.currentepigraphy.org/