Subject: [MEDTEXTL] Digitized Brunetto Latino Bestiary MS
From: Julia Bolton Holloway <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:58:06 +0200

M.Moleiro of Barcelona has given me permission to use the Brunetto 
Latino Li Livres dou Tresor St Petersburg manuscript illuminations of 
its Bestiary section. I have uploaded these to 
http://www.florin.ms/bestiary.html where I give the text and 
illuminations digitally from the Picardan French MS, and with it the 
text of the Italian Tesoro.
The illuminations use the medieval memory system of alternating reds 
and blues, a technology we lost with the invention of printing, and 
which was simultaneously beautiful and useful.
I hope, slowly, to make all the Italian Tesoro's text available. So 
far, the Bestiary, the Rettorica. But I failed to xerox two pages and 
so there are lacunae to the Tesoro Bestiary at present.
Enjoy. And feel free to add comments, etc., to it.
I do highly recommend on Aristotelian taxonomies - such as medieval 
Bestiaries - the Google video, 'Everything is Miscellaneous':
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2159021324062223592&q=type%3Agoogle+engEDU

Julia Bolton Holloway, Professor Emerita
Director, Biblioteca e Bottega Fioretta Mazzei
'English Cemetery', Piazzale Donatello, 38
50132 Florence, Italy  [email-masked]
http://www.umilta.net  http://www.florin.ms
http://piazzaledonatello.blogspot.com