Subject: [DIGITALCLASSICIST] Launch of Intute
From: Shoshannah Holdom <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:23:49 +0100

*Apologies for cross posting*

Dear all,

I would like to welcome you to the new Intute: Arts and Humanities 
service. As you may know yesterday (13 July) the Resource Discovery 
Network (RDN) was relaunched as Intute with a complete overhaul of its 
organisation and online services. Intute: Arts and Humanities is one of 
four subject groups in the new Intute and results from a merging of the 
Humbul Humanities Hub and Artifact. Intute: Arts and Humanities is led 
by Oxford University in partnership with Manchester Metropolitan 
University. An official press release from Intute is included below.

As part of this reorganisation we have merged together the 
[email-masked] and [email-masked] into a single email 
list for announcements, [email-masked]. The 
archives for both lists are available, together with instructions for 
leaving or joining the list, at 
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/intute-artsandhumanities

The new Web address for Intute: Arts and Humanities is 
http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities. If you maintain a website 
which links to Humbul, Artifact or the Resource Discovery Network then 
we would be grateful if you could update the links to point to the new 
Intute Website. The Humbul and Artifact websites still remain but will 
no longer be updated.

We would be very pleased to receive your comments and suggestions about 
Intute: Arts and Humanities. Please feel free to send feedback the 
Website at http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/feedback.html.

Please feel free to circulate this email within your institution and 
subject associations.

Kind regards,

Shoshannah Holdom
Content Editor (Modern Languages)
Intute: Arts and Humanities

----

Intute: the best of the Web

London. 13th July 2006.  Intute was launched yesterday at an event held 
at the Wellcome Trust.  Intute is the new face of the Resource Discovery 
Network (RDN), and is a free national service enabling lecturers, 
researchers and students to discover and access quality Internet 
resources.  Intute exists to advance education and research by promoting 
the most intelligent use of the Internet.

Caroline Williams, Executive Director of Intute said, "the environment 
in which we operate is rapidly changing.  Issues of trust and quality 
are real concerns for our users, and we have responded to this by 
creating a new service which takes the best of the RDN and streamlines 
it into one easy to use interface." She explains, "the Intute database 
makes it possible to discover the best and most relevant resources on 
the Internet. You can explore and discover trusted information, assured 
that it has been evaluated by subject specialists."

Intute is hosted by MIMAS at The University of Manchester, and is a 
collaboration between a whole host of partners and contributors.  At the 
heart of the organisation is a consortium of seven universities, 
bringing together a wealth of expertise and knowledge.  Intute is funded 
by the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), with support from the 
Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), and the Economic and Social 
Research Council (ESRC).

Intute is freely available at http://www.intute.ac.uk/

-- 
Dr Shoshannah Holdom
Content Editor (Modern Languages)
Intute: Arts and Humanities
Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road
Oxford
OX2 6NN
Tel: 01865 273 260
Fax: 01865 273 275
Email: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.intute.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/